Labor story

Whoa, it’s been awhile! I’m so sorry about that being a single mom has been pretty exhausting. So I’ve needless to say have been a little bit preoccupied and have neglected my blog for almost 6 weeks…But I’m back! I wanted to share my labor because I  have been extremely lucky, and it certainly was a very pivotal memory I never want to forget.

My labor was just as easy as my pregnancy, and I could not feel more blessed. I began to have period like cramps and abnormal bleeding at 3 am. I never had a contraction — just cramps!

I finally made my way to the hospital around noon to discover my 4 cm dilation that I had been walking around with for a couple of weeks grew to 6.5. I had flirted with idea of going natural, and at the time, I knew that if I ever wanted go that route, this labor would have been the one. I could walk around fine, with little pain, but my mistake was going to the hospital; they wouldn’t let me walk around, and they wanted me hooked up to the monitor constantly — even though she was perfectly healthy. So I decided to opt for the epidural.

I have done a lot of drugs in my life and getting the eppie was VERY enjoyable!! I didn’t even feel like I was in labor, but unfortunately, the epidural stalled my labor 7.5 cm so they gave me pitocin around 7 pm. I didn’t care though because I was in no pain. The nurses asked if I felt her transition, and I seriously couldn’t feel 75% of my body,  and when she checked my dilation around 7:45 her eyes grew large and she looked at me, chuckled and said, “She has a full head of hair. You’re ready to push.”

Once my OB showed up I pushed 3  times, and after 4 minutes a second degree tear, I gave birth to my beautiful little girl!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Ivy Rebel Rose

7lbs 8oz

June 4th

7:58 PM

7 thoughts on “Labor story”

    1. Well, I began to go in labor around 3 am and had her the following day at almost 8 so TECHNICALLY I was in labor for 17, but only pushed for a few minutes. At least, I HOPE you didn’t have to push for 16 hours!! That sounds awful!!

      Liked by 1 person

  1. I pushed for a few hours. I have no idea how long. Maybe 4 or 5 off and on? After 2 they talked about a C-section but, I hadn’t ate anything all day and I really really didn’t want to have to wait to eat….which I found out later some people they don’t make wait 24 hours to eat after a c-section. And, really it wasn’t something we had to do. Of course, if it was I would have done that.

    But, it was a long time. A girl I knew pushed a few times around the same week I had my son. I was like, “Is this real life?” But, my eppie also didn’t work. Which was a lot of the problem. They did it 3 times. And, after the first one I said I could feel it and they said O no its probably just pressure and as soon as the contraction came I knew it wasn’t working. At least​ I know for the next time not to even try to get an eppie since it didn’t work.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s