- I moved to Arkansas from Albuquerque, New Mexico
- I got off hard drugs
- I stopped drinking
- I stopped smoking
- I got pregnant
- I became okay with not being a size 0
- I became okay with not being a size 9 after I got pregnant
- I became okay with going over 200 lbs since I moved and got pregnant
- I became okay with the fact that most of my weight is baby related and I will bounce back
- I became determined to finish school–NO MATTER WHAT
- I became okay with being single and pregnant
- I became okay with not having many friends
- I finally can honestly say don’t care what people think or say about me
- Goals take time, sacrifice and dedication, it doesn’t fall into your lap (usually)
- I am ready to ‘settle down’ and move on with these changes
I don’t recognize myself sometimes, but that’s okay! Let’s see what the next 18 ,months have to offer!!
I was talking to my friend, who I’ve known for close to 11 years, and she was expressed how upset she was because she didn’t have a boyfriend this Valentine’s day. Now 25, she has only been single for three years since she started dating at the age of 13.
This had me reflect on my own past Valentine’s Days. I have the exact opposite experience; throughout my entire life I have had a boyfriend for three of those 25 years. I get it, everyone is different. I’m not sad or bitter about it, in fact, I’m grateful to have a day that doesn’t make me feel sad about being single. I love being single! I love that I don’t have to explain what I’m doing or where I’m going, I love just doing what I want to do! I love buying my family presents on Valentine’s Day, because it’s about love, and there is no one that deserves my love more than my family. It doesn’t hurt that candy goes on sale the next day.
You must be logged in to post a comment.